About - Faculty of Health Sciences
The Faculty of Health Sciences is one of several faculties at the University of Tromsø. This is the university’s largest faculty measured by the number of staff.
The faculty has approximately 800 staff members and approximately 2500 students. The Faculty of Health Sciences is divided into six departments and a Faculty Administration comprising five sections as well as shared staff.
The faculties at UiT have unitary management with the Dean as the faculty's highest academic and administrative leader.
The departments also have unitary management and are controlled by the Head of Department.
- Department of Medical Biology (IMB)
- Department of Clinical Medicine (IKM)
- Department of Community Medicine (ISM)
- Department of Pharmacy (IFA)
- Department of Clinical Dentistry (IKO)
- Department of Psychology (IPS)
- Department of health and Care Sciences (IHO)
- Office of the Faculty Director and Dean
- Section for Research Services
- Section for Student and Academic Affairs
- Section for Dissemination Services
- Section for Human Resources and Financial Services
The faculty's highest organ is the Faculty Board. Click here to read notice of meetings, order papers and minutes from the Faculty Board. (These documents are in Norwegian language only.)
The faculty also has the following shared services:
- Anatomy Department
- Department of Comparative Medicine (AKM) formerly the Animal Department
- Electron Microscopic Department
- Several regional FUGE platforms