User account - Student UiT
In order to use IT services at UiT you must have an active user account. Access levels for users are determined by the registered status: employee, student or guest.
1. How do I get a UiT user account?
- A user account at UiT is automatically created for all new students who accept the offer of a study place at UiT.
- The student must activate his/her user account. For more information, please see Activate user account - Student UiT
- An active user account provides access to all IT services for students at UiT.
Website to activate user accounts: https://profil.uit.no/user/activate/
2. Password for UiT user account
- New students make their own password when they activate their user account.
- Students with user accounts that are already activated must contact Orakel for a password
- For more information, please see Password for UiT user account
- If you already have a password, you may change/reset this on https://profil.uit.no/
3. Username for UiT user account
- The username for new students is stated when you activate your user account.
- UiT usernames consist of letters and three numbers (e.g. abc123)
- Note! When you log on to Eduroam (Wi-Fi Network) and Student Residence Network, your username has to be extended with the UiT e-mail suffix (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you have forgotten your username or do not know it, please contact Orakel
More information about user account - Student UiT
Click for bigger picture
Phone: (+47) 776 44544
Universitetet i Tromsø
08:00 (*09:00) - 18:00
08:00 (09:00) - (*15:00) 15:45
The desk opens 09:00 every day
*The service desk opens at 09:00 every weekday and closes at 15:00 on Fridays