Activating user account - Student UiT
This page provides information about how new students at the University of Tromsø (UiT) activate their user account in order to make use of the IT services at UiT.
New students at UiT are provided with a user account that was created when they accepted the offer to study at UiT. However, you must activate your user account.
Activate your user account at UiT:
- Go to https://profil.uit.no/user/activate/
- Familiarise yourself with the Guidelines for the use of the university's IT resources
- Activate your account. Refer to How to activate user account student UiT
When your password is approved your user account will be ready for use. You will be able to login on the wireless network on campus and Student Residence Network (SRN) about 15 minutes after the approved activation. Other IT services (e.g. e-mail and student computers on campus) will be available the following day.
I got a message stating "Your user account is already activated"
This message is generated by one of the following:
- You have had an academic relationship with UiT earlier
- An error occurred during previous attempts to activate your user account
If you receive such a message, you must contact Orakel to get a password for the user account.
Click for bigger picture
Phone: (+47) 776 44544
Universitetet i Tromsø
08:00 (*09:00) - 18:00
08:00 (09:00) - (*15:00) 15:45
The desk opens 09:00 every day
*The service desk opens at 09:00 every weekday and closes at 15:00 on Fridays