Volunteer for the Introductory Programme August 2013!
Volunteering for the Introductory Programme for new international students is a great experience! Sign-up and share your UiT experience with students from all over the world! The autumn 2013 programme runs from 5-12 August 2013.
Volunteers of the Autumn 2012 programme celebrate
In January approximately 350 new international students will arrive in Tromsø. Through the Introductory Programme they are welcomed to the city and introduced to various academic and practical matters. All of it depends on Norwegian and International volunteers.
Volunteer Kick-off meeting: Monday 13 May kl 14:00-15:30,
TEO House 1 - Auditorium 2
What do you do?
Volunteers receive and assist incoming students at the airport 5-6 August. From 7-12 August volunteers help with practical mattersduring the Introductory programme and at excursions. The new students address our volunteers with a lot of small and big questions. You can provide the answers and give the international newcomers a good start at UiT.
What do you get in return?
- an exciting and interesting experience
- a certificate and a "plus" on your CV
- practice your English or other language skills
- access to DebutUka volunteer activities and benefits (autumn only)
But most important: You get to know a lot of fantastic people from all over the world!
How and what?
You can sign-up as a volunteer for two or more days.
Vounteers should be back in Tromsø Tuesday 6 August since training will be given on that day sometime between 10 A.M.-2 P.M.
These are the days and indicated tasks that we need assistance with. For the aiport shifts you'll only be required to work 5 hours each day, unless you indicate otherwise.
- Monday - Airport
- Tuesday - Airport
- Wednesday - Registration, group work and faculty visit
- Thursday - visits to service desks and campus tour
- Friday - visit to service desks, City sightseeing, party and social activities
Therse are some basic indications of tasks, more details and full programme will be given later.
Need more information?
- Contact our Volunteer Coordinator: Moustapha Babikir (94 71 57 85)
Party at Driv - 10 August 2012 (Photos by Sally Rosendahl)
Trip to Grøtfjord 13 August (Photos by Ute Vogel)