MAT-3200 Mathematical Methods - 10 stp
Type of course
Objective of the course
After the course the students are supposed to know
- Simple models leading to central partial differential equations
- First order partial differential equations
- Classification and solution methods for second order partial differential equations
- Separation of variables and generalized Fourier series
- integral transforms
- Green's functions and og distributions
- Finite difference methods for partial differential equations
After the course the students are expected to be able to apply both traditional analytic solutions methods and numerical methods to solve partial differential equations.
Language of instruction
Written final exam of 4 hours duration, counting 100%.
Grading scale: Letter grades A-F.
It will not be given a re-sit exam for this course.
Students with valid grounds for absence will be offered a postponed examination early in the following semester.
Ordinary examination in the teaching free semester (early exam):
It will not be given a new ordinary examination in the teaching free semester for this course.
- Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian)
- Regulations for examinations at the University of Tromsø
Date for examination
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced at your faculty early in May and early in November.
Lectures Autumn 2012
First attendance: Mon 20th of Aug, 13:15 at U.rom 5, Realfagsbygget
F.aman. Per Kristen Jakobsen