Sedimentology and stratigraphy with a focus on the geology of Svalbard and use the Arctic archipelago as a large-scale field laboratory to understand the subsurface of the Barents Sea.
- Process-based sedimentology focusing on understanding sediment transport from fluvial to deep-marine depositional environments
- Reconstruction of depositional environments and facies belts to understand and predict sediment distribution
- Sequence stratigraphy and factors controlling sedimentation and basin fill architectures
CV (last updated 31.12.2020) is available for download.
- Associate professor in geology with responsibility of teaching master-level courses in sedimentology.
- Deputy director of 'the Research Centre for Arctic Petroleum Exploration (ARCEx)'
- Co-leader of Workpackage Geology of ARCEx.