PhD Fellow in Media and Documentation Science (Libraries, Archives, Museums LAMs Studies)
I am a Ph.D. candidate at the Department of Language and Culture under Media and Documentation Science Research Unit at UiT The Arctic University of Norway advised by Prof. Andreas Vårheim. As a member of the research group "LAMCOM - Libraries, Archives, and Museums in the Community", I am focused on studying the essential role of cultural and innovation diplomacy towards LAMs' learning environments in providing educational, economic, and social opportunities to the civic public.
Prior to starting my Ph.D. At UiT, I worked as a Digital Engagement Librarian at various public diplomacy and cultural centers located in diplomatic missions and embassies in the Philippines including the US Department of State and Republic of Korea's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I studied both my Bachelor's and Master's degree in Library and Information Science at the University of the Philippines.
- Mariano, Randolf; Vårheim, Andreas. Libraries, museums and cultural centers in foreign policy and cultural diplomacy:a scoping review. Journal of Documentation 2021. ISSN 0022-0418.s doi: 10.1108/JD-05-2021-0103.
- Mariano, Randolf. The Nexus between Hallyu and Library Usage in the Korean Cultural Center in the Philippines. Trends in Overseas Korean Studies Libraries 2013 (9). ISSN 2092-6073.s 123 - 156.
- Library Diplomacy
- Public Diplomacy and Cultural Relations
- Libraries, Archives, Museums (LAM) advocacy
- LAM Emerging Technologies
MDV-1203 Library and Information Dissemination (Fall 2021) - Guest Lecturer
MDV-3062 Knowledge Management (Spring 2021) - Teaching Fellow
MDV-1005 Media and Documentation Science Research Methods (Spring 2021) - Guest Lecturer
MDV-1203 Library and Information Dissemination (Fall 2020) - Guest Lecturer
MDV-1203 Library and Information Dissemination (Fall 2019) - Guest Lecturer
Member of research group
BRELIA N 212
Click for bigger map