- Library Diplomacy
- Public Diplomacy and Cultural Relations
- Libraries, Archives, Museums (LAM) advocacy
- LAM Emerging Technologies
MDV-3062 Knowledge Management (Spring 2021)
I am a Ph.D. student at the Department of Language and Culture under Media and Documentation Science Research Unit at UiT The Arctic University of Norway advised by Prof. Andreas Vårheim. As a member of the research group "LAMCOM - Libraries, Archives, and Museums in the Community", I am focused on studying the essential role of cultural and innovation diplomacy towards LAMs' learning environments in providing educational, economic, and social opportunities to the civic public.
Prior to starting my Ph.D. At UiT, I worked as a Digital Engagement Librarian at various public diplomacy and cultural centers located in diplomatic missions and embassies in the Philippines including the US Department of State and Republic of Korea's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I studied both my Bachelor's and Master's degree in Library and Information Science at the University of the Philippines.
- Mariano, Randolf; Labangon, Donna. Full STEAM ahead: Empowering and catalyzing creative thinking and social entrepreneurial skills of the community through library makerspaces ( full text ). 84th IFLA World Library and Information Congress Proceedings 2018 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Mariano, Randolf. From BOOKs to MOOCs: The Integration of Open Educational Resources to Library Services in American Spaces in East Asia and Pacific Region ( full text ). 82nd IFLA World Library and Information Congress Proceedings 2016 in Columbus Ohio, USA
- Mariano, Randolf; Cabanilla, Gianina. Social Media Presence Theory and Implication for Interactive Collaboration Learning in Massive Open Online Course at the American Spaces. International Conference on Open and Distance e-Learning, University of the Philippines 2014.
- Mariano, Randolf. Participatory and Virtual Learning Culture in American Spaces in the Philippines. Knowledge / Culture / Economy International Conference, University of Western Sydney 2014.
- Mariano, Randolf. The Nexus between Hallyu and Library Usage in the Korean Cultural Center in the Philippines ( full text ). Trends in Overseas Korean Studies Libraries (ISSN 2092-6073)