BIO-2203 Bachelor's Thesis in Biology - 20 stp
The bachelor thesis intend to bring students into contact with issues and research within a certain discipline. It is very important that you as a students choose a topic that you are truly interested in. Writing a bachleor´s thesis requires a certain amount of independent effort. The thesis may consist of a literarure review on previous research and/or practical/experimental work. It assumes knowledge of basic courses in biology, as well as knowledge in courses that are relevant to the field of study.It assumes knowledge of BIO-1000, basic courses in biology, as well as knowledge in the course of the BIO-2000 level that is relevant to the field of / chosen theme.
The purpose of the thesis is that the student should learn how to:
- apply the knowledge gained from the study
- define a research topic
- examine literature and scientific information research within a certain biological discipline
- collect and examine relevant information
- choose analysis method
- create a readable presentation. The structure of the thesis is practically the same as an article in a scientific journal, which is; Table of contents, Abstract, Introduction, (Methods), Discussion, Conclusions, (Appendices) and References.
Deadlines for handing in the bachelor`s assignment: June 1 (spring semester) and December 15. (autumn semester). Grades: A-F, F is failed.
The assignment should be:
- approx. minimum 35 pages including figures and tables when writing a literature review.
- approx. minimum 30 pages including figures and tables when the thesis is a practical/experimental work.
Lectures Autumn 2015
Students who wants to write a bachelor thesis can contact studentadvisers at Dep. of Arctic and Marine Biology; Siv Andreassen or Renathe Lohne.