BIO-3014 Biological Rhythms - 10 stp
Admission requires a Bachelor`s degree (180 ECTS) in biology or equivalent qualification in biology.
Recommended skills corresponding to courses in animal physiology equivalent to BIO-1006 (animal and plant physiology) and BIO-2002 (General animal physiology)
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of the general principles and central questions in Chronobiology
- Explain the ecological and behavioural importance of biological rhythms
- Demonstrate and explain the: physiological, genetic and molecular basis for biological rhythms
- Demonstrate and explain examples of biological rhythms
- Understanding the process of generating scientific knowledge
- Communicating science both, orally and in writing
- Review and extract relevant information from scientific literature
- Critical analysis of published scientific literature within the discipline at MSc level
- Presenting scientific content clearly and in logical order while using language appropriate for the audience and occasion
- Proposing, discussing and evaluating hypothesis
Oral presentation (30%) and 3 h final written exam (70%). Both must be passed in order to receive a passing grade. The presentation and the exam will be evaluated together (marking is blinded). A graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail.
Coursework requirements: lab report - must be approved in order to be able to take the ordinary or re-sit written examination.
There will be a re-sit examination for students that did not pass the previous ordinary examination.
Lectures Autumn 2015