ENG-1040 Language Acquisition - 10 ECTS
Knowledge: At the end of the course, the students should have a good knowledge of the acquisition of English as a native and a foreign language. This means that they should
- be able to identify different characteristics of (English) child language
- be able to identify different characteristics of second language acquisition
- have a general overview of when different structures are acquired in first language acquisition
- be aware of differences between acquiring a native and a foreign language
- have some knowledge of different theoretical approaches to both first and second language acquisition.
Skills: Having completed the course, the students should
- have an overview of various methods used in language acquisition studies
- be able to describe child language data
- be able to anticipate what kinds of errors Norwegian learners of English will make
- be able to discuss issues related language acquisition both orally and in writing.
One oral presentation.Assessment method:
A 4-hour school exam.
The obligatory coursework requirements must be approved in order to take the final exam. Performance in the course will be assessed on an A-F grades scale. Grades are A-E for passed and F for failed. A re-sit examination is offered in the event of an F grade. The deadline to register for a re-sit examination is January 15th for the autumn semester and August 15th for the spring semester.
Lectures Spring 2017
First lecture: please see online schedule of classes (above)
|Lecture and seminar||
f.aman. Yulia Rodina
Dato for arbeidskrav: 25. og 27 april
Dator for eksamen: 26. mai