BIO-2201 Bachelor's Thesis in Biology - 10 stp
The course requires basic knowledge in biology and ecology at university level. Basic knowledge in chemistry and mathematics is an advantage.
International applicants: Higher Education Entrance Qualification and certified language requirements in English. It is a requirement that students have some prior knowledge of biology and ecology, chemistry and mathematics. A list of the requirements for the Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway can be found on the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education website - nokut.no
The purpose of the thesis is that the student should learn how to:
- apply the knowledge gained from the study
- define a research topic
- examine literature and scientific information research within a certain biological discipline
- collect and examine relevant information
- choose analysis method
- create a readable presentation. The structure of the thesis is practically the same as an article in a scientific journal, which is; Table of contents, Abstract, Introduction, (Methods), Discussion, Conclusions, (Appendices) and References.
Deadlines for handing in the bachelor`s assignment: June 1 (spring semester) and December 15. (autumn semester). Grades: A-F, F is failed.
The assignment should be:
- approx. 20 pages including figures and tables when writing a literature review.
- approx. 20 pages including figures and tables when the thesis is a practical/experimental work.
Lectures Autumn 2016
Students who wants to write a bachelor thesis can contact studentadvisers at Dep. of Arctic and Marine Biology; Siv Andreassen or Renathe Lohne