INF-3791 Telemedicine and e-health systems - 10 stp
Knowledge The student has
- Good understanding of the field of epistemology, 'the theory of knowledge' and how it relates to telemedicine and ehealth.
- Extensive knowledge of the fundamental theorems and equations of medical informatics, ehealth and telemedicine outlining the challenges within the field that needs to be met.
- Good understanding of the characteristics, functionalities of information systems in the health domain (e.g. clinical information systems, primary care information systems, etc.), architectures of information systems in health care, messaging systems and integrations strategies of health systems, approaches and standards for communication and cooperation and for interfacing and integration of component, architectural paradigms (e.g. messaging systems, service-oriented architectures, etc.).
- Good knowledge of methods and approaches to regional networking and shared care (telemedicine and eHealth approaches and inter-organizational information exchange).
- Good understanding of inter-organizational aspects and how this is influenced by telemedicine and ehealth systems.
- Good understanding of the process of design and implementation of telemedicine and ehealth systems.
Skills The student can
- Identify significant literature sources within telemedicine and ehealth and use this in the design and development of new telemedicine and ehealth systems and applications.
- Perform advanced literature search in the field, and do comprehensive evaluation of the literature.
- Plan a study design, select adequate (quantitative and qualitative) methods and evaluation methods.
- Apply knowledge of ethical, legal and security (confidentiality, privacy and availability) issues of telemedicine and ehealth in the process of developing and using telemedicine and ehealth systems and applications.
General competance The student can
- Use information and system modelling tools, software engineering methodology including requirement collection, development and deployment of solutions, model driven development, standardization and interoperability in health systems, in the design and implementation of telemedicine and ehealth systems.
- Communicate the knowledge of telemedicine and ehealth systems and applications to both health and technical professionals.
The exam includes a written examination of four hours duration, counts 100%. The work requirement must be passed in order to access the exam.
Work requirements: Up to 5 mandatory exercises / laboratory reports. Oral presentation of the mandatory exercises can be claimed. Presentations and mandatory exercises / laboratory reports graded "Approved" / "Not approved".
Grading scale: Letter grades A-F.
It will not be given a re-sit exam in the teaching free semester for this course, unless a postponed exam already is arranged (conditional re-sit exam). To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
Given early in teaching free semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
For further details see:
- Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian)
- Regulations for examinations at the UiT
Lectures Autumn 2017
First attendance: Monday 21.08.2017, at 10:15 in A228 Realfagsbygget.
f.aman. Ståle Walderhaug
|Colloquium gr 1||
stip. Ashenafi Zebene Woldaregay