BIO-8517 Arctic Frontiers PhD-student workshop II - 4 stp
PhD students or holders of a Norwegian master´s degree of five years or 3+ 2 years (or equivalent) may be admitted.
This course is for students who already have taken BIO-8516. PhD-students who want to take the workshop course twice during the PhD study, must register for BIO-8517 the second time.
PhD students at UiT register for the course through StudentWeb. The registration for spring semester starts in the middle of December.
Other applicants apply for admission through SøknadsWeb. Application code 9301.
Non-UiT PhD students must upload a document from their university stating that they are registered PhD students. This group of applicants does not have to prove English proficiency and are exempt from semester fee.
Holders of a Master´s degree must upload a Master´s Diploma with Diploma Supplement / English translation of the diploma. Applicants from listed countries must document proficiency in English. To find out if this applies to you, see the following list:
For more information on accepted English proficiency tests and scores, as well as exemptions from the English proficiency tests, please see the following document: Proficiency in english - PhD level studies
Contact Ingjerd Gauslaa Nilsen at the BFE-faculty if you have troubles or questions regarding registration to the course.
Students who have successfully completed this course should have achieved the following learning outcomes. They should:
- be familiar with the newest research topics in the fields covered by the conference
- have knowledge of the funding application process
- be able to write a competitive, high quality research proposal
- be able to work in an interdisciplinary, international group on a common goal they were not familiar with before
- become familiar with other aspects of their science (culture, history) and their role as scientists in society
HOW TO APPLY
PhD students enrolled at UiT register for the course through StudentWeb.
Remember to upload documentation of your education or documentation of your status as a PhD student.