BIO-3014 Biological Rhythms - 10 ECTS
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of the general principles and central questions in Chronobiology
- Explain the ecological and behavioural importance of biological rhythms
- Demonstrate and explain the - physiological, - genetic and - molecular basis for biological rhythms
- Demonstrate and explain examples of biological rhythms
General skills: •
- Understanding the process of generating scientific knowledge
- Communicating science both, orally and in writing
- Review and extract relevant information from scientific literature
- Critical analysis of published scientific literature within the discipline at MSc level
- Presenting scientific content clearly and in logical order while using language appropriate for the audience and occasion
- Proposing, discussing and evaluating hypothesis
Oral presentation (30%) and 3 h final written exam (70%). Both must be passed in order to receive a passing grade. A graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail.
Coursework requirements: lab report - must be approved in order to be able to take the ordinary or re-sit written examination.
There will be a re-sit examination for students that did not pass the previous ordinary examination.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: BIO-3014
- Responsible unit
- Department of Arctic and Marine Biology