BIO-8021 Seminar: Applied bioinformatics - 5 ECTS
PhD students or holders of a Norwegian master´s degree of five years or 3+2 years (or equivalent) may be admitted.
PhD students at UiT register for the course through StudentWeb. The registration for spring semester starts in the middle of December, and for autumn semester in the middle of June.
Other applicants apply for admission through SøknadsWeb. Application code 9303.
Non-UiT PhD students must upload a document from their university stating that they are registered PhD students. This group of applicants does not have to prove English proficiency and are exempt from semester fee.
Holders of a Master´s degree must upload a Master´s Diploma with Diploma Supplement / English translation of the diploma. Applicants from listed countries must document proficiency in English. To find out if this applies to you, see the following list:
For more information on accepted English proficiency tests and scores, as well as exemptions from the English proficiency tests, please see the following document:
Contact Ingjerd Gauslaa Nilsen at the BFE-faculty if you have troubles or questions regarding registration to the course.
Students that have completed Bio-8021:
- can present their research results using state of the art media
- are able to exercise constructive criticism in discussion fora
- can explain scientific work (own or from literature) to fellow students and researchers
- have a good understanding of state of the art methods in bioinformatics
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: BIO-8021
- Responsible unit
- Department of Arctic and Marine Biology