BED-2144 Social Media Marketing - 10 ECTS
Collection of facts, concepts, theories and techniques acquired by the degree holder. Knowledge can both be theoretical and applied.
- Possess general knowledge of digital media marketing and web analytics in consumer behaviour analysis
- Recognises current opportunities and challenges in social media marketing, including issues related to privacy and other ethical matters
- Knows the importance of analysing the value of different digital media options for consumers and firms and can compare it to social media marketing
Entail the ability to apply knowledge. Skills can indicate general skills that are not limited to a certain scientific field or profession, as well as specific skills.
- Can defend digital marketing planning from the standpoint of professional practice
- Can collect, analyse and evaluate scientific literature for digital marketing
- Can effectively (built on logic and literature) defend their decision making in digital marketing
Entail the ability to apply knowledge and skills to work and study.
- Can work with others to solve problems in digital marketing
- Can professionally interpret different data and information from web analytics
- Can conduct a plan for social media marketing with a good understanding of its pros and cons
- Practices digital marketing from an ethical point of view
Students will work in teams, and as individuals, on a compulsory simulation in social media marketing (Mimic Social). This will also involve an oral presentation during class hours. The Mimic Social simulation will give students a taste of what it is like to run a social media marketing campaign for a business. There are six rounds to the simulation. The assignment must be passed before students qualify for examination.
The final course grade will be made up of a four-day home case exam (individual). Grading ranging from A-F, where F is failure to pass the exam.
Language of examination is English.
Date for examinationTake-home assignment hand out date 03.06.2019 hand in date 07.06.2019
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.