BIO-3512 Early life of marine fish - 10 ECTS
- demonstrate broad insight in reproductive strategies and gonad development of marine fish
- describe embryo- and larval development of fish, including variations in developmental patterns between species
- understand the biology and functionality of early life history stages of fish
- summarize environmental factors that affect development and growth
- explain the causes for variable egg- and larval survival and growth in nature and culture
- have some insight into egg/larval sampling methodology and species identification
- produce scientific essay based on broad knowledge of relevant literature
Essay (counts 40 %), 4 hours written examination (counts 60 %). A graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail.
Obligatory Coursework requirements: Laboratory report. All coursework requirements must be approved in order to take the exam.
There will be a re-sit examination for students that did not pass the previous ordinary examination.
Date for examinationWritten test 04.06.2020
Project hand out date 27.04.2020 hand in date 25.05.2020
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.