BIO-3504 Production and Growth in Polar Areas - 10 ECTS
Students that have completed Bio-3504 Production and Growth in Polar Areas will be able to:
- discriminate between biomass and production.
- explain the most important mechanisms that regulate production in the ocean.
- explain processes that link pelagic and benthic production
- evaluate how climate changes may affect marine production in high latitudes
- apply some of the major methods for measuring primary and secondary production.
- Design simple experiments to carry out on a research cruise
Abilities (generell kompetanse)
- Work independently and in collaboration with scientific topics
- Prepare a scientific topic for oral presentation
- present scientific results in written essays and reports
The exam will be assessed with a graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail. The final grade for the course is based upon a complete evaluation of the various components in the portifolio assessment.
Re-sit exam: There will be a re-sit examination for students that did not pass the previous ordinary examination.
Date for examinationOral exam 20.05.2020
Essay hand out date 12.03.2020 hand in date 20.03.2020
The date for the exam can be changed. The final date will be announced in the StudentWeb early in May and early in November.