BIO-3014 Biological Rhythms - 10 ECTS
Knowledge and skills:
- The key principles and intellectual formalisms of chronobiology
- The evolutionary origins and ecological importance of biological timekeeping, and its relevance in biomedical contexts
- The mechanistic basis to biological timekeeping at levels from the genetics to the whole organism
- Understanding the process of generating scientific knowledge
- Science communication, orally and in writing
- Review and extraction of relevant information from scientific research papers
- Critical analysis of scientific literature
- Presentation of scientific content clearly and in logical order while using language appropriate for the audience and occasion
- Proposing, discussing and evaluating hypotheses
3 h final written exam. A graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail.
One oral presentation on a prepared topic and participation in two practical activities including written reports- all must be approved in order to be able to sit the exam.
There will be a re-sit examination for students that did not pass the previous ordinary examination.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: BIO-3014
- Responsible unit
- Department of Arctic and Marine Biology