Scholarships (2nd year students)
The Department of Language and Culture at UiT – The Arctic University of Norway is pleased to announce two scholarships of 100 000 NOK (approx. 10 000 Euro) to support two talented students through their work on their master’s thesis during the academic year 2020/2021. All students enrolled in the programme are eligible to apply for the master’s thesis scholarship. Since UiT does not charge a tuition fee, the scholarship is meant to cover living expenses.
Who can apply?
- Only applicants who are enrolled in the Master of Theoretical Linguistics programme may apply. The recipients must have a strong academic record (see evaluation criteria).
How to apply?
- Applicants must fill out an electronic application form (application form available HERE)
- All applicants must write a short description of the project they would like to pursue for their MA thesis.
The applications will be evaluated by the programme board.
During the evaluation process the following criteria will be considered:
- Documented academic achievements (grades) during the first year of the programme. The administration at the Department of Language and Culture have access to the grades; in other words, it is not necessary to upload a transcript of records.
- A short description of the proposed MA thesis project (max. two pages).
The grants will not be awarded in the absence of qualified applicants.
The application deadline is June 5, 2020 (23:59 CET).
Award and conditions
Successful applicants will be notified by email. The grant will be paid out when the beneficiary has arrived at UiT, registered for the required courses and has opened a Norwegian bank account. The scholarship will be paid out in four instalments, contingent on the academic progress of the recipient.
For more information regarding the scholarships in Theoretical Linguistics, please contact the head of the programme board, Martin Krämer (email@example.com).
Application form – (academic year 2020/2021) available HERE