The Housing Department is part of the Arctic Student Welfare Organisation of Norway (Samskipnaden), which offers rental of rooms to students at UiT The Arctic University of Norway in Tromsø, Alta, Narvik, Hammerfest, Harstad and Longyearbyen.
DEADLINES; APPLICATIONS FOR HOUSING
- 1 NOV (spring intake)
- 1 JUNE (autumn intake)
- Apply for accommodation through the online application system, MyPage.
- Student housing will be reserved upon request only.
- Student housing is usually allocated in late July for Autumn intake and November for Spring intake.
- ONLY Non-EU/EEA students: your housing guarantee is in the Letter for Visa Purposes OR Confirmation of Housing Guarantee.
- You will receive an automated reply by e-mail confirming the receipt of your application when you have applied for housing
- During your first week at UiT The Arctic University of Norway, you are required to pay a deposit of NOK 5,000.
- NB! Remember to cancel your application if you decided not to come.
- HSL-fak = Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences and Education
- JUR-fak = Faculty of Law
- NT-fak = Faculty of Science and Technology
- IVT-fak = Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology (Narvik)
- HELSE-fak = Faculty of Health Sciences
- BFE-fak = Faculty of Biosciences, Fisheries and Economics
- KUNST-fak = Faculty of Fine Arts
- ITS-fak = Faculty of Sports, Tourism and Social Work (Alta)
- signed by bank ID or
- printed, signed, scanned and returned by e-mail to the Housing Department
- fax or
- Due to the large number of students arriving each semester, The Arctic Student Welfare Organisation of Norway cannot guarantee to meet all wishes regarding the location of your student housing. Students who move into student housing cannot be guaranteed to change accommodation due to long waiting lists.
- The student housing is equipped with basic furniture and studio apartments (bedsits) share some common facilities: kitchen, bathrooms, toilets, storage rooms and laundry.
- The Arctic Student Organisation of Norway provides major appliances/furniture in the kitchen: refrigerator, electric stove, dining table, chairs, etc.
- Students should supply their own kitchen utensils and duvet, pillow, bed linen (sheets and pillow cases). Please be advised that all shops are closed in Norway on Sundays.
Monday to Friday: 08.00-15.00
Follumsvei 4, Nyland inngang F
Tel.: +47 78 45 05 25
Mon, Tue and Thu: 09.30 - 14.00
Wednesday: 09.30 - 15.00
Friday: 09.30 - 12.00
Tel.: +47 76 96 20 00
+47 952 94 323 (09:00-14:45)
Havnegata 9, 9405 Harstad
Tel.: +47 77 05 81 50
Monday-Thursday: 09.00 - 15.00
Friday: 09.00 - 14.00
Last changed: 03.05.2017 12.23