All researchers (PhD degree or equivalent) at institutions accredited for research can apply to analyse data from the SAMINOR Study.
The SAMINOR Project Board considers applications at its monthly meetings. If an application is successful, the principal investigator must apply to the REC North (Regional Committee for Medical and Health Research Ethics) for approval of the project. In addition, all Sami health research requires a collective, Sami consent. The authority to give such consent has by the Sami Parliamentary Council been delegated to an expert committe. The REC approval and collective consent must then be submitted to the project board in order for a contract to be drawn up. This contract must be signed before any SAMINOR data is released.
All projects that have UiT The Arctic University of Norway as responsible research institution and process personal data have to be notified to the Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD), in line with UiT's guidelines. The responsible research institution must assess the need for carrying out a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA).
If you have any questions, please contact the Head of SAMINOR, Ann Ragnhild Broderstad
Please send your application to the project board coordinator, Marita Melhus
The SAMINOR Project Board has the following members:
Ann Ragnhild Broderstad (leader)
Anne Silviken (member)
Susanna Ragnhild Siri (member)
Maja-Lisa Løchen (member)
Marita Melhus (coordinator og secretary)
Egil Thomassen (administrative support)
In order to apply, you will need (documents in Norwegian only):
- Søknadsskjema for tilgang til data fra SAMINOR-undersøkelsen (application form for access to data from the SAMINOR Study)
- Retningslinjer for tilgang til forskningsdata fra SAMINOR (guidelines for access to SAMINOR research data)
- Publiseringsregler for SAMINOR (the SAMINOR rules for publication)
- Variabler SAMINOR 1 (variables in SAMINOR 1)
- Variabler SAMINOR 2 (variables in SAMINOR 2)
Deadlines for Application and Dates of Project Board Meetings
- Application deadline: 04.08.2021
- SAMINOR meeting: 18.08.2021
- Application deadline: 01.09.2021
- SAMINOR meeting: 15.09.2021
- Application deadline: 29.09.2021
- SAMINOR meeting: 13.10.2021
- Application deadline: 27.10.2021
- SAMINOR meeting: 10.11.2021
- Application deadline: 24.11.2021
- SAMINOR meeting: 08.12.2021
Dates are subject to change.