About the training:
The overall purpose of our ERC training is to equip participants with a complete understanding of the ERC funding scheme. During the training you will receive access to our “ERC Beyond” online course which focuses on the counterintuitive, elusive and conceptual aspects of the ERC grant. We will conclude the training with a live Q&A session, where our team will answer the participants’ questions.
Registration to the training:
To register, please fill in this registration form until 18/11/2020.
*Only participants who will fill in the form by this deadline will gain access to the course content.
1. “ERC Beyond” online course available for viewing: 19/11/2020 – 4/12/2020
2. Deadline for completing the online course and submitting questions for the Q&A (see explanation below): 2/12/2020 at 13:00 (Norway time)
3. Live Q&A session: 3/12/2020 at 10:00 (Norway time)
The “ERC Beyond” online course:
The online course will open on 19/11/2020, and participants should complete it by 2/12/2020 at 13:00 as a prerequisite for participating in the live Q&A session. The course is 2 hours and 45 minutes, and will be available on-demand online. You are invited to watch it when most convenient for you during the time period mentioned above.
While watching the course, we invite you to send us your ERC questions for the Q&A through a dedicated form. Questions for the live session can be submitted by 2/12/2020 at 13:00.
When the course opens on 19/11/2020 all registered participants will receive an email from our online teaching platform, Enspire Science Academy, with instructions on registration to the platform. If you haven't received this email by the end of this day, please check your Spam or Promotions folders for an email titled "[Enspire Science Academy] Welcome".
The live Q&A session:
During the live session, our team will present and answer the collected questions. This session will take place on 3/12/2020 at 10:00 and will be up to 90 minutes long.
Invitations to the live Q&A will be sent before the session to everyone who completed the online course on time. We will be in touch with more information on this before the session.
After the live Q&A session, the videos will remain available online until 4/12/2020 (including), to allow participants to revisit the course after the live session.
Key topics covered in the course:
• Introduction to ERC and terminology
• ERC categories and eligibility
• The ERC peer-review evaluation process
• The competitive PI profile: Who is “ERC Material”?
• What constitutes the required Scientific Excellence?
• The unique nature of ERC: high-risk, high-gain, non-incremental work
• Hypothesis in ERC – how to do it right
• How to write a convincing methodology chapter
• Review panel selection and the panel-application reciprocal effect
• The ERC application and technical aspects
• Feeding the reviewer
• The ERC interview
• Analyzing the evaluation summary report (ESR)