VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a prerequisite to gain access to many of the university's restricted services. There are several ways to install Anyconnect. We recommend Manual installation for privately set up machines and Installation through Software center for UiT computers.
Download and run this file for the windows installation.
Download and run this file for the mac installation.
Go here, log in and choose Anyconnect to download the linux installation file.
The server adresse is vpn.uit.no. (NB! for access to UB's databases and articles, use vpn.uit.no/bibliotek)
Click Connect, then choose Group Employees or Students/guests, type your UiT username and password and click OK.
Access to UBs fagbaser via VPN.UIT.NO
- Start the VPN client software
- Use this serveradress: vpn.uit.no/bibliotek
- Click connect.
- Choose Group: Employees eller Students/guests
- Sign in with your UiT username (example abc123) and click OK.
Installation through Software center.
Windows computers set up by our IT department can install Anyconnect through Software center. This will only work when connected to the campus network through eduroam or a network cable.
- VPN AnyConnect installasjon (iPhone, iPad)
- VPN AnyConnect installasjon (Android - GalaxyTab, HTC, Samsung etc.)
IT support announcements:
Bestillingsweb fra ITA flyttes inn i TOPdesk selvbetjeningsportal
(NB! Ny dato) Mediasite vil være ustabil/utilgjengelig fredag 2.oktober etter kl 19
Orakelet er stengt for møte hver onsdag 14:00-14:30
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday - Friday: 09:00 – 15:00
Service desk closed for lunch
- 11:30 - 12:00