File services - Mapping your personal UIT drive from home (Win)
Mapping your personal UIT drive from home requires an active VPN connection and Internet connectivity.
- Click the File Explorer (if the button File Explorer is missing in your taskbar, click the Start Button and choose File Explorer)
- Click on "This PC"
- select "Map network drive..."
- Select the desired drive letter, for instance Z:\
- Set the Folder to: \\homer.uit.no\abc123 (replace abc123 with your username)
- Click "Finish"
If you're not using a computer provided by the University of Tromsø, please tick the box "Connect using different credentials". If you need to connect using different credentials, you must give your username on the form ad\abc123 (replace abc123 with your username)
Please note the backslash (\), and do not replace it with a regular slash (/)
IT support announcements:
TimeIT fungerer ikke for nye studenter og ansatte
Stengt skranke og lav bemanning ved Orakelet
Mo i Rana: Problemer med Eduroam
Orakelet har internt møte hver onsdag 14:00-14:30
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday - Friday: 09:00 – 15:00
Service desk closed for lunch
- 11:30 - 12:00