File services - Mapping your personal UIT drive from home (Win)
Mapping your personal UIT drive from home requires an active VPN connection and Internet connectivity.
- Click the File Explorer (if the button File Explorer is missing in your taskbar, click the Start Button and choose File Explorer)
- Click on "This PC"
- select "Map network drive..."
- Select the desired drive letter, for instance Z:\
- Set the Folder to: \\homer.uit.no\abc123 (replace abc123 with your username)
- Click "Finish"
If you're not using a computer provided by the University of Tromsø, please tick the box "Connect using different credentials". If you need to connect using different credentials, you must give your username on the form ad\abc123 (replace abc123 with your username)
Please note the backslash (\), and do not replace it with a regular slash (/)
IT support announcements:
Lav bemanning grunnet IT-forum - skranken stengt
Internet Explorer 11 er ikke lenger støttet som en Canvas nettleser
All IT-support announcements (archive)
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Thursday: 08:00 – 18:00
- Friday: 08:00 - 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday -Thursday: 09:00 – 15:00
- Friday: 09:00 - 15:00
Closed for lunch (Every day)
- 11:30 - 12:00