Guest network: UiT-Guest - (campus tromsø)
The wireless guest network "uit-guest" is primarily intended for people visiting the university who do not have account with UiT or with an Eduroam-affiliated organization. The guest network uit-guest allows access to the internet but not access to restricted sites and / or online services that require a connection to the UiT network proper.
You may not access the guest network with your university account.
A - Guide for guests with Norwegian phone
Guests at the university can create a temporary user account for connecting to the wireless guest network using their laptop and their mobile phone as follows:
- Connect to the wireless network uit-guest
- Open a browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc.)
- Select "Create a new Guest Network Account"
- Fill out the form and click "Add User"
- You will promptly receive logon credentials as a text message to the mobile phone number that was registered (depending on the provider's roaming in Norway). The account is valid for 5 days.
- Select "Back to Login Page"
- Login with the assigned account for the guest network
- Accept (Accept) the "Use Policy"
Please note that on MacOS/OSX you need close the login window before the computer is online.
B - Guide for people with non-Norwegian mobile phone numbers
Self service does not work with most non-Norwegian mobile phone numbers, due to their provider's roaming profiles in Norway. Follow these steps to access the guest network.
- If you are participating at a seminar or conference:
- Contact the seminar or secretariat and ask them to register a guest account for you, (follow the instructions in A)
- If you are visiting an employee at the university:
- Ask them to register a guest account for you, (follow the instructions in A)
- If you are visiting the UiT campus but have no contacts here:
- Come by the Orakel helpdesk and we'll see what we can do.
C - Create an account to the guest network for others
There are two ways to create a user account for the guest network on behalf of another person
- Tell the person who is making a guest account to use your phone number. Username and password will be sent to your mobile phone, and you can give this to the guest.
- If you are an employee with the university, you can log in to the Admin Web site guest online. You can create user accounts individually or in bulk or from a text file if desired.
IT support announcements:
TimeIT fungerer ikke for nye studenter og ansatte
Stengt skranke og lav bemanning ved Orakelet
Mo i Rana: Problemer med Eduroam
Orakelet har internt møte hver onsdag 14:00-14:30
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday - Friday: 09:00 – 15:00
Service desk closed for lunch
- 11:30 - 12:00