Outlook 2016 - Configuration Guide
NOTE! This tutorial is for privately owned computers. UiT computers in offices, the library, and reading areas connect automatically to your UiT email account.
- The computer is connected to the Internett.
- Outlook is installed on the computer. Employees and students can download Office 2016 from Office 365.
- You have logged on to Office on the computer.
Step 1: Start Outlook
You will be asked to configure your client when you start Outlook for the first time. When you see the image below, click "Next"
Step 2: Add an Email Account
Select "yes" to add a new Email account and click "Next".
Step 3: Add your email address
- Enter your name
- Enter your email address
- Enter your password
Click "Next" when you are finished
Step 4: Allow server settings
If you get a popup asking for permission to auto-configure server setting, click "Allow".
Step 5: Velg "Logg inn med en annen konto/Use another account"
As your email is not necessarily the same thing as your user account, select "Use another account".
Step 6: Log on
Write firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. email@example.com) and your UiT password. Select "Remember my credentials" and click "OK".
Step 7: You are now ready to read and write email
Click "Finish" to let Outlook connect you to our email services
- Start Outlook on your Mac.
- If this is the first time you open Outlook it will ask you to add an email account. If it doesn't, open Outlook > Preferences > Accounts. Click Add Email Account or + > new Account.
- Input your UiT email address.
- Log in with your firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. email@example.com) and your UiT password. Click Sign in.
- Outlook will ask you to confirm the log in information. Use your firstname.lastname@example.org and UiT password. Click OK.
IT support announcements:
Vedlikehold av trådløsnett - Wireless maintenance - 2020-02-18
Vedlikehold på datanettet i lesehuset, Tromsø
Vedlikehold på datanettet i Breviklia, Tromsø
Enkelte studenter får ikke riktig undervisning i sin Canvaskalender
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Thursday: 08:00 – 15:45
- Friday: 08:00 - 15:45
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday -Thursday: 09:00 – 15:45
- Friday: 09:00 - 15:45
Closed for lunch (Every day)
- 11:30 - 12:00