Outlook 2016 - Configuration Guide
NOTE! This tutorial is for privately owned computers. UiT computers in offices, the library, and reading areas connect automatically to your UiT email account.
- The computer is connected to the Internett.
- Outlook is installed on the computer. Employees and students can download Office 2016 from Office 365.
- You have logged on to Office on the computer.
Step 1: Start Outlook
You will be asked to configure your client when you start Outlook for the first time. When you see the image below, click "Next"
Step 2: Add an Email Account
Select "yes" to add a new Email account and click "Next".
Step 3: Add your email address
- Enter your name
- Enter your email address
- Enter your password
Click "Next" when you are finished
Step 4: Allow server settings
If you get a popup asking for permission to auto-configure server setting, click "Allow".
Step 5: Velg "Logg inn med en annen konto/Use another account"
As your email is not necessarily the same thing as your user account, select "Use another account".
Step 6: Log on
Write email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and your UiT password. Select "Remember my credentials" and click "OK".
Step 7: You are now ready to read and write email
Click "Finish" to let Outlook connect you to our email services
- Start Outlook on your Mac.
- If this is the first time you open Outlook it will ask you to add an email account. If it doesn't, open Outlook > Preferences > Accounts. Click Add Email Account or + > new Account.
- Input your UiT email address.
- Log in with your email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and your UiT password. Click Sign in.
- Outlook will ask you to confirm the log in information. Use your email@example.com and UiT password. Click OK.
IT support announcements:
macOS Monterey: Viktig informasjon før oppgradering
Alle må endre passord innen 21.10.21 - klokken 17:00
Tofaktor-autentisering aktiveres for alle tjenester med Feidepålogging
E-post: Enkelte studenter når ikke e-postkontoen sin
Rydding av Orakelets brukerveiledninger
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday - Friday: 09:00 – 15:00
Service desk closed for lunch
- 11:30 - 12:00