Outlook 2016 - Opening archive files
This user guide will take you through the steps needed to open an archive file in Outlook 2016.
Step 1: Select the "File" tab
Step 2: Open data file
- Select "Open & Export"
- Select "Open data file for Outlook"
Step 3: Locate the archive file
- Select the drive where your archive file is located
- Select the archive file. If the archive file is located in a folder, navigate to the relevant folder
- Click "OK"
In the below example, the archive file is located on the H: drive
Step 4: Read the archive file contents
The archive file is now available at the bottom of the left-hand navigation pane
- Open the archive by clicking the triangle [!] to the left of the archive file's name
Step 5 (Optional): Closing the archive
You may remove the archive file from Outlook by closing it. When you close the archive, the file will not be deleted, you are simply no longer viewing it through Outlook.
- Right-click the archive
- Select Close (Name of archive file)
IT support announcements:
Wiseflow - Feilmelding: PDF-filen er ødelagt eller ugyldig
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday - Friday: 09:00 – 15:00
Service desk closed for lunch
- 11:30 - 12:00