Printing - Wireless (Mobile Print)
|The University of Tromsø provides a service facilitating printing from mobile devices, primarily windows laptops and Macs.|
- You need an active user account at the University of Tromsø to use the service.
- The print jobs must be collected at a PullPrint-capable printer.
Mobile print using a web browser
- Open a web browser and visit https://mobilprint.uit.no
- Log on with your username and password
- Select the file you wish to print → Select Next to upload the file
- The print job will appear in a list on the page. Select "Send to PULLPRINT"
- Checking the "Advanced" box will display several advanced options for your printout.
Mobile print through E-mail
You may also print to Mobilprint by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Through our mobile print service, you can print both your e-mails and any attachments, as long as they use a supported format (listed below).
- Log on to https://mail.uit.no - create a new mail and attach any files you wish to print
- Send the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Log on at https://mobilprint.uit.no
- The printout will appear in a list on the page. Select "Send to PULLPRINT"
- Ticking the box for "Advanced" will display several advanced options for your printout.
- Pick up your printout at a Pullprint printer
Printing from smartphones and tablets
You may have mixed results using iPads and smartphones, depending on the browser and phone used. Please note that not all phones and tablets are supported.
The following formats are supported: Any Microsoft Office or Open Office format. PDF's (Adobe) and the image formats JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF and BMP.
IT support announcements:
Mediasite - Problem med å spille av videoer
E-postspam i kalenderen
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday - Friday: 09:00 – 15:00
Service desk closed for lunch
- 11:30 - 12:00