File services - Restoring lost files
Files previously stored and lost at one of the network drives provided by the University of Tromsø can be restored through a built-in incremental backup. Though the procedure outlined below uses one's home network drive as an example, the procedure itself works on any shared network drive, project drive, or what have you.
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Right-click on the folder you wish to restore files from
3. Select "Restore previous versions"
4. Select the tab "Previous Versions" if it isn't autoselected. Here are the restore points available for this particular folder. Select the desired restore point and click "Open".
5. The opened folder is a snapshot of the folder from the selected restore point. Find the file you've lost, and copy it back to your (current) folder to restore it.
Please note: If you don't find your lost file, go for an earlier restore point - you may be able to restore at least an earlier version of the file.
IT support announcements:
Orakelet stenger kl. 12 i dag, 8. april
Ny Office versjon tilgjengelig i Software Center
DNS-brannmur - Cisco Umbrella
Vedlikehold på datanettet i MH-bygget, Tromsø
UBs fagbaser kan ikke nås via VPN - 13:03.20 [LØST]
Orakelet sin skranke er stengt (og info om adgangskort)
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Thursday: 08:00 – 15:45
- Friday: 08:00 - 15:45
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday -Thursday: 09:00 – 15:45
- Friday: 09:00 - 15:45
Closed for lunch (Every day)
- 11:30 - 12:00