ID-card - Keycard
You ID-card serves as a key for the buildings and rooms at the university.
Staff and Emeritus / Emerita
- What permissions you have on your ID card depends on wether the correct information has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the administration at your departmen/faculty
- If your ID card does not give you access to the building / doors you are supposed to have access to, send a request from your e-mail address at the University of Tromso to email@example.com about which permissions you need on your ID card.
- What permissions you have on your ID card depends on which instututt / faculty you belong to. This information is provided from FS (The student database)
- If your ID card does not give you access to the building / doors you should have access to, please contact the information desk at your faculty. The staff in the information desk will forward your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forgot the PIN-code to your ID-card?
Log on the web site https://adgangskort.uit.no/?locale=en to find your PIN code.
Troubleshooting: Error Situations by presenting the card reader
- RED LIGHT before pin has been entered: The card does not have access to buildings / rooms (see section 2 above)
- "NO ACCESS": The card does not have access to buildings / rooms (see section 2 above)
- YELLOW LIGHT when presenting card then RED LIGHT after PIN has been entered: The card has access, but the PIN code is incorrect (See section 3 above)
- NO RESPONSE FROM CARD READER: Magnetic / Chip does not work.
- Students: Take the card to Student information desk in the administration building to have the cards Magnetic Stripe/ chip tested. Faulty cards will be replaced
- Employees: Take the card to the Oracle office in Teorifagbygget house 2 to have the cards Magnetic Stripe/ chip tested. Faulty cards will be replaced
Regarding information storage
- When this card is used for access to buildings/rooms, information about this usage is stored in our systems for 60 days before deletion.
- This information is stored according to regulations given by Datatilsynet
- This information can be used for maintenance and troubleshooting purposes
- This information can be handed over to the police as a part of criminal investigations
- Information regarding the use of your card will not be used for any other porpose
IT support announcements:Det er ingen aktive driftsmeldinger for øyeblikket
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday - Friday: 09:00 – 15:00
Service desk closed for lunch
- 11:30 - 12:00