This installation guide is written for installation under Microsoft Windows. Matlab is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix/Linux. There might be small differences in the installation procedure, especially with the download and extraction part of the guide. The rest of the procedure should be independent of the operating system.
- You need to be logged in as a user with permissions to install programs
- You need to be connected to the internet
- A fast connection is recommended since the download size is over 4 GB
- Java need to be installed
- Go to www.mathworks.se
- Choose “Create Account” (upper right corner)
- Fill in your account information.
- ATTENTION! In the «E-mail» field you have to enter your e-mail address at the UiT Norway’s Arctic University. Students enter the email in the format email@example.com, while employees use the format firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the “How will you use…” field, students must choose "Student use" and emplyees must choose "Teaching or research in school"
- Click “Continue” when you are ready
- Continue filling out the next page and choose “Continue”
- Follow the instructions to verify your e-mail address and choose “Continue”
- (ATTENTION! If you don’t receive the e-mail from email@example.com in your Inbox, check your e-mail folder containing Junk e-mail.
You will now be sent back to your license page at Mathworks. Please wait until the page is up to date and proceed with download and installation.
Download and Installation
- Choose «Download Products» from your license page at www.mathworks.se
- Choose your Operating System and then “download”
- Users of Windows can find if they have 32 og 64 bits operating system by pressing “Windows key + pause/break”.
IT support announcements:
Vedlikeholdsarbeid trådløsnettet i Harstad
Oppretting av Sharepointgrupper gjennom "Teamwork" fungerer ikke
All IT-support announcements (archive)
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Thursday: 08:00 – 18:00
- Friday: 08:00 - 15:45
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday -Thursday: 09:00 – 15:45
- Friday: 09:00 - 15:00
Closed for lunch (Every day)
- 11:30 - 12:00