Outlook Web App - Shared mailboxes
OWA allows you to add shared mailboxes, such as faculty inboxes, provided you have the necessary rights.
You need permission to see the contents of a shared mailbox. To get permission, your supervisor needs to send a mail to email@example.com on your behalf, requesting access to the mailbox in question.
Adding the mailbox
- Log in at https://outlook.office.com
- Click your name
- Click "Open another mailbox..."/"Åpne en annen postboks..."
- Enter the name or the e-mail address of the mailbox you wish to open. You do not need to know the full name.
- Once you've typed a search term, select "Search contacts and directory"/"Søk i kontakter og katalog".
- You will now be given a list of any mailboxes satisfying your search criteria. Select the mailbox you wish to open, and select "open"/"åpne"
If you get a message saying ":-( Something went wrong", you most likely do not have the necessary rights to open the mailbox in question. Select "More Details..." to display the full message.
Picture: This means you do not have access to this mailbox.
If you need access to this mailbox, please read "Requirements" at the top of this document.
IT support announcements:
Problemer med siste versjon av MacOS
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Thursday: 08:00 – 18:00
- Friday: 08:00 - 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday -Thursday: 09:00 – 15:00
- Friday: 09:00 - 15:00
Closed for lunch (Every day)
- 11:30 - 12:00