Outlook Web App - Room Booking
This guide will run you through the process of booking a room through Outlook Web App. Room booking is only available for employees at UiT. Study rooms (Kollokvierom) can also be booked by students.
- Log in at outlook.office.com
- Select "Calendar"/"Kalender" as shown below
- Right-click the desired date
- Click "New"/"Ny"
- Give the event a subject or name
- Enter a starting time for the event, its duration, and the details of reminders etc. Note that this can be adjusted using the scheduling assistant, which will be covered later in this guide.
- Enter the meeting's text contents
- Add any attachments or images
- Add attendees. You can enter the attendees' mail addresses manually, or press the plus sign to the right of the attendee line to open the address book.
- Note that you may not see the directory when you open the address book. Press the >> sign as shown to open the directory.
- Search for the attendees. If you have "Directory" selected, you will search through all of UiT's employees and students.
- Double click people to add them as attendees.
- Press OK when you have added all the attendees. This will return you to the event planner.
- Select the building, and then the room you wish to book.
Once you have booked a room, you will receive an e-mail receipt. Please note that you will not receive a receipt if you are booking a room in someone elses' calendar. This receipt will look as follows:
- If booking was successful
From: Name of room
Subject: Accepted: Event subject line
- If booking was unsuccessful
From: Name of room
Subject: Declined: Event subject line
- Reasons for failed booking
If the booking attempt fails, the e-mail will describe the problem.
- You do not have permission to book this resource
This means you do not have permission to book the relevant room. Solution: Book a different room, or contact the administration responsible for the relevant building.
- Your request was declined because there are conflicts
In this case, someone else has already booked the room at the time you requested. Solution: Reschedule the meeting to a different time or room.
- You did not receive a receipt
Something went terribly wrong. Send an e-mail to email@example.com explaining which room you tried to book (the full name of the room from the room picker in the OWA as shown in 10.) as well as the date and time.
IT support announcements:
Problem med å logge inn på VPN
Reaktivering av Matlab lisens
Vedlikeholdsarbeid trådløsnettet i Harstad
All IT-support announcements (archive)
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Thursday: 08:00 – 18:00
- Friday: 08:00 - 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday -Thursday: 09:00 – 15:00
- Friday: 09:00 - 15:00
Closed for lunch (Every day)
- 11:30 - 12:00