Outlook 2016 - Exporting email to file
Outlook supports exporting all emails and calendar items to a file that can be opened at another computer. This is useful if your time as a student or employee at UiT is coming to an end, but you wish to keep your emails.
If you move all the emails you wish to keep to a single folder, you only need to export this one folder.
- Start Outlook 2016
- Select the "File" tab in the top left
- Select Open & Export -> Import/Export
- Choose "Export to a file", and then "Outlook Data File (.pst)".
- Select the folder you wish to archive
- If you select the top level (your email address), all emails and calendar items will be archived to file
- If you select inbox, all emails will be archived, but none of your calendar items
- If you select a specific folder in your inbox, only this folder will be archived
- If your association with UiT is coming to an end, you may wish to store the archive file to a USB drive or an external harddrive.
IT support announcements:
Flytting av filområdet \\ad.uit.no\Helsefak\TU7
Ny Office versjon tilgjengelig i Software Center
DNS-brannmur - Cisco Umbrella
UBs fagbaser kan ikke nås via VPN - 13:03.20 [LØST]
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Thursday: 08:00 – 15:45
- Friday: 08:00 - 15:45
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday -Thursday: 09:00 – 15:45
- Friday: 09:00 - 15:45
Closed for lunch (Every day)
- 11:30 - 12:00