Outlook 2016 - Exporting email to file
Outlook supports exporting all emails and calendar items to a file that can be opened at another computer. This is useful if your time as a student or employee at UiT is coming to an end, but you wish to keep your emails.
If you move all the emails you wish to keep to a single folder, you only need to export this one folder.
- Start Outlook 2016
- Select the "File" tab in the top left
- Select Open & Export -> Import/Export
- Choose "Export to a file", and then "Outlook Data File (.pst)".
- Select the folder you wish to archive
- If you select the top level (your email address), all emails and calendar items will be archived to file
- If you select inbox, all emails will be archived, but none of your calendar items
- If you select a specific folder in your inbox, only this folder will be archived
- If your association with UiT is coming to an end, you may wish to store the archive file to a USB drive or an external harddrive.
IT support announcements:
Eduroam tilkobling feiler for flere studenter og ansatte [LØST]
Timeplan.uit.no viser ikke korrekt informasjon
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday - Friday: 09:00 – 15:00
Service desk closed for lunch
- 11:30 - 12:00