Outlook 2016 - Delete email profile - (Win10)
(This guide only applies to Windows desktop computers)
Your email profile may become corrupted. This can lead to issues including, but not limited to:
- An inability to launch Outlook
- Outlook asking for a username and password (Outlook for desktop computers should not require you to log in)
N.B.: CLOSE OUTLOOK BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
- Right click the start button at the bottom left of your screen
- Click "Control Panel"
- Ensure that your display is set to "Large icons"
- Select "Mail (32-bit)"
- Click "Show Profiles"
- Remove any and all profiles you find here. Typically you will only see one.
Click "Apply" and "OK". Close the Control Panel.
- Start Outlook. You will now be asked to create a new profile. Name the profile (the name is irrelevant). Click "OK".
- Click "Next" on the Auto Account Setup window.
- Check the "Don't ask me about this website again" box and then click "Allow"
- Click "Finish"
Outlook should now start properly, and will start downloading your emails from the server. This may take a while depending on the quantity of email you have, but the newest mails will always be loaded in first.
IT support announcements:
Wiseflow - Feilmelding: PDF-filen er ødelagt eller ugyldig
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday - Friday: 09:00 – 15:00
Service desk closed for lunch
- 11:30 - 12:00