Save documents to your laptop
When you switch from using a stationary PC to a laptop it is important that you learn where you should store your files. When you log in to the computer with your UiT username and password you have access to several different storage locations. The image below shows what your Windows file explorerer can look like on a laptop. Make sure you save files to UiTs network drives.
- H: This is your personal network drive at UiT (also called the home drive). This is where you will normally save your files. You are the only one who has access to these files. These files are regularly backed up and the storage location is secure.
- Shortcuts in red box (Desktop, Documents, etc) point to the local disk. You should NOT store files here. If there is a problem with your computer, you risk losing these files.
- C: Local disk. You should NOT store files here. If there is a problem with your computer, you risk losing these files.
- F: You might have access to one or more shared network drives. When you are given access to a shared drive you will also be informed what should be stored here. Shared network drives are secure storage locations.
IT support announcements:
Vedlikeholdsarbeid trådløsnettet i Harstad
Oppretting av Sharepointgrupper gjennom "Teamwork" fungerer ikke
All IT-support announcements (archive)
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Thursday: 08:00 – 18:00
- Friday: 08:00 - 15:45
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday -Thursday: 09:00 – 15:45
- Friday: 09:00 - 15:00
Closed for lunch (Every day)
- 11:30 - 12:00