Get started with two-factor authentication via Outlook (SMS)
|Please note: This user gude uses the SMS authentication method as exapmlple. The SMS is free in Norway but if you are in a different country your telephone operator will demand extra payment for sending you the SMS. You can avoid this extra surcharge by using the Microsoft Authenticator app instead as described in the guide "how too get started with Microsoft Authenticator"|
- You will be asked to log inn when you start Outlook. Click on your username if it is shown or type it inn manually. (e.g. email@example.com).
- Type in your password  and choose Log inn .
- At this point, the window notifies you that an admin needs extra security information. Choose Set it up now.
- Keep the checkmark next to Authentication phone. Set the country to Norway (or whichever country code your phone number is associated with) and type in your mobile phone number. You can now choose if you want to receive an SMS or receive a code via an automated phone call. Choose SMS. If you do not have a mobile phone, change the phone number to your office phone number and choose «Call me». Click Next.
NB1: At this point you can choose a different method for getting your authentication code. You can choose «Use verification code through app,» which uses Microsoft Authenticator instead of a phone number, (see the tutoral about how too get started with Microsoft Authenticator), or type in your office phone number and choose «Call my office phone» if you do not want to use your own phone. These settings can be changed later as described in the user guide: Office 365 - Two-factor authentication
If you wish to be called by microsoft on your office phone, Do not choose "Office phone" from the pulldown menu. Leave it as "Authentication and type inn your office phone number manually
- You will now be sent a code via SMS. Write in the code you have received and click Check.
Outlook on your computer is now approved and will not ask for two-factor authentication again. (In other words, it remembers the authentication for future use, like when you restart your computer.)
IT support announcements:
Problemer med siste versjon av MacOS
All IT-support announcements
Responding to phone and mail requests
- Monday -Thursday: 08:00 – 18:00
- Friday: 08:00 - 15:00
Visiting hours for the service desk
- Monday -Thursday: 09:00 – 15:00
- Friday: 09:00 - 15:00
Closed for lunch (Every day)
- 11:30 - 12:00