Student life in Narvik
UiT in Narvik is located in the middle of the city and close to nature. The cultural offer is great, both inside and outside the student community, summer and winter. With legendary Narvikfjellet as neighbor you have wonderful opportunities for outdoor activities.
Everything is set for you to enjoy your stay as a student, with highly versatile offerings through a variety of student clubs and societies.
Something for all
Narvik students society has been active for over 60 years, and committed students ensures that there is always an exciting and varied offer that suits you. Here you will find different student clubs, like airsoft, sports, recreation club, sound and music club, student radio, games club, a fitness club, computer club, photo club, and more.
New friends from around the world
As a new student you will be warmly greeted by the mentor scheme. During the buddy program you and your group will have your own mentors that help you become familiar with the new surroundings.
Concerts, hiking, treasure hunt, quiz, climbing and other social gatherings are just some of the activities on the program. All mentors are active students at UiT in Narvik and thus knows the conditions well. The compact city center means that most things are within walkable distance of campus and student housing.
Narvikfjellet gives you the gondola to the top, downhill and trail biking opportunities, climbing park, mountain lift restaurant and paraglider environment, in addition to being able to offer unique freeriding opportunities for skiers and snowboarders.
The city also have an 18-hole golf park, hockey hall where 1st division team Arctic Eagles have their home arena, shopping centers, nightlife, restaurants and cafés, sports clubs for everything one could wish for, bowling alley, cultural center, theater and museums.
The annual cultural festival Vinterfestuka will take place in early March, with 200 different events and more than 30 000 visitors. This makes VU one of the biggest events in Northern Norway.
Some of the activities you can find in Narvik
- Vinterfestuka - VU is one of Northern Norways biggest festivals. Held in early March every year.
- Narvikfjellet - calls itself Norway's toughest playground and is an attractive leisure offer summer and winter.
- Narvik cultural center - the city's active cultural center.
- Narvik students society - active community with a wide variety of clubs for students at campus Narvik.
- The Narvik War and Peace Centre - establishing peace through knowledge of war. Now located at hypermodern The fourth corner.
- Narvik bowling center and play center - fun for both young and old.
- Narvik Hockey - Arctic Eagles - Northern Norway's only 1st division team in ice hockey – and with very dedicated fans.
- Nordkraft Arena – Want to go skating? Visit Nordkraft Arena!
- FK Mjølner - football at all ages.
- Hardhaus - football club with address Ankenes.
- Narvik slalom club - traditional slalom club with Fagernesfjellet as "home ground".
- Narvik karate club - sport for all ages.
- Narvik Golf Club- recognized 18-hole course in idyllic Skjomen.
Narvik has a variety of sport and recreational offerings. At Narvikregionen.no you will eventually find a list of clubs and organizations in the region. You will also find detailed information about the possibilities in the region ...
- Narvik Municipality – website for Narvik Municipality
- Aurora cinema, Narvik
Cafes and restaurants - see visitnarvik.com