Pint Of Science: An international science festival where our brilliant researchers present their research in a casual setting aimed towards the general public
Wednesday 19th: Being healthy up-north
Pint of Science 2021 - Tromsø (online only) proudly presents a great two day program! (one 1 hour session per day).
* Bonus points if they are non-academic! The main focus of this festival is to provide insight into what goes on in research to everyone!
Wednesday 19th May, 19:00-20:00: Being healthy up-north.
- Laila A. Hopstock will talk about health up north: trends over time - Key findings and research highlights from the Tromsø study, from past to present.
- Marie Wasmuth Lundblad will talk about the obesity epidemic and body composition - New research results from the Tromsø study
- Dina Berg Stensen will talk about the Fit Futures study - Does "the pill" increase your risk of infection?
Thursday 20th May, 19:00-20:00: Ancient DNA: Past and Present
- Sandra Garces-Pastor will talk about how understanding past and present biodiversity using DNA.
- Peter Heintzman will talk about the hidden diversity of extinct megafauna.
The Pint of Science festival aims to deliver interesting and relevant talks on the latest science research in an accessible format to the public – mainly across bars, pubs, cafes and other public spaces. We want to provide a platform which allows people to discuss research with the people who carry it out and no prior knowledge of the subject is required.
In 2019 in bars across 400 cities and 24 countries.
For 2021 we for the (hopefully) last time move online.