- Spatio-temporal variability in trophic interactions in terrestrial arctic ecosystems, and how they are affected by a changing climate
- Natural resource use in arctic settlements
- Population genetics and phylogeography of arctic organisms, both animals and plants
- BIO-3013/BIO-8016 Ecology of northern food webs sammen together with Rolf Ims, John-Andre Henden and Eeva Soininen
- Teaching at UNIS (Svalbard) as part of the courses AB-201 (biology of arctic predators) og AB-329 (winter ecology of small vertebrates in the Arctic)
- supervisor for bachelor and master theses in tundra ecology
Possible topics for a master theses
- Impact of snow conditions on the population of tundra voles and grey-sided voles on Varanger Peninsula
- Master thesis with field work on Yamal Peninsula on a topic we can discuss, for example related to monitoring of passerines or waterfowl.
Researcher in the Climate-ecological Observatory for Arctic Tundra COAT, where I work mostly with arctic foxes on Varanger Peninsula, but also with snow, red foxes, small rodents and other component of the tundra ecosystem affected by climate change.
Leader of the flagship Effects of climate change on terrestrial ecosystems, landscapes, society and indigenous peoples in the Fram Centre.