The 50 latest publications is shown on this page. See all publications in Cristin here →
Research Project: Unruly Heritage: An Archaeology of the Anthropocene (PhD Candidate, 2018-2022)
Research explores twentieth century mining towns in Murmansk Region, Russia, Finnmark, Norway, and Labrador, Canada through an archaeological perspective.
- Contemporary archaeology
- Industrial archaeology
- Mining and extractive industry
- Soviet history
- Northern and Arctic Canada
- Modern ruins
- Post-Medieval archaeology
- Landscape archaeology
- Geographical Information Systems
- Remote sensing
- Cultural Heritage Management
- Material Culture
- Agricultural history
- Urban planning
Member of research group
- 2016 - 2018, GIS Technician. Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
- 2017, Researcher and Analyst, "Community Collections Archaeological Research Project", Newfoundland and Labrador Archaeological Society, North West River, Labrador, Canada.
- 2014 - 2016, GIS Assistant and Teaching Assistant, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
- 2013 - 2014, GIS Assistant, Sir Sandford Fleming College, Linday, Ontario, Canada.
- 2011 - 2013, Staff Archaeologist and Material Culture Specialist, Archaeological Services Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2008 - 2010, Field Archaeologist, Archaeological Services Inc., Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- 2007 - 2010, Teaching Assistant, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- 2014 - 2017, Masters in Archaeology, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
- 2013 - 2014, Ontario College Graduate Certificate, GIS - Application Specialist, Sir Sandford Fleming College, Lindsay, Ontario, Canada.
- 2006 - 2010, Bachelor in Archaeology, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- 2020 Foreign travel stipend
- 2020 SSHRC – Doctoral Fellowship
- 2020 Fellow of the Institute of Social and Economic Research
- 2020 Institute of Social and Economic Research, Research Grant
- 2017 Fellow of the School of Graduate Studies
- 2016 SSHRC – Doctoral Fellowship
- 2016 Northern Scientific Training Program
- 2016 Department of Archaeology Research Excellence Award
- 2015 School of Graduate Studies Bursary
- 2015 Provincial Archaeology Office Research Grant
- 2015 Daniel Weetaluktuk Award
- 2015 Institute of Social and Economic Research, Master’s Fellowship
- 2015 Institute of Social and Economic Research, Research Grant
- 2014 J.R. Smallwood Foundation Research Grant
- 2014 Second place winner, 3-Minute Thesis Competition
- 2014 School of Graduate Studies Bursary, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- 2014 SSHRC – Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship
- 2014 Dr. Ibrahim Elshayal Excellence in Problem Solving Award
- 2019 - 2020, Styreleder, TODOS: Doctoral Students at UiT, The Arctic University of Norway
- 2017 - 2019, Styremedlem, Newfoundland and Labrador Archaeology Society
- 2016 - 2018, President og WHS Styremedlem, Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 2019
- 2016 - 2018, Styremedlem og Styreleder av Arkivutvalget, Them Days Inc.
- 2015 - 2016, Studentrepresentant, Canadian Institute for Geomatics
Languages: English, Norwegian Bokmål, and Russian
BRELIA L 103
Click for bigger map