Postdoctoral Fellow on the FENDURA project
Postdoctoral research fellow for The Female Endurance Athlete (FENDURA) project at UiT. Investigating the effect of the menstrual cycle and hormonal contraceptives on the endurance performance of female athletes (cross country skiing and biathlon).
- Osborne, John Owen; Stewart, Ian; Borg, David; Beagley, Kenneth; Buhmann, Robert; Minett, Geoffrey. Short-term heat acclimation preserves knee extensor torque but does not improve 20 km self-paced cycling performance in the heat. European Journal of Applied Physiology 2021. ISSN 1439-6319.s doi: 10.1007/s00421-021-04744-y.
- Borg, David; Osborne, John Owen; Tweedy, Sean; Liljedahl, Johanna; Nooijen, Carla. Bicycling and tricycling road race performance in international para-cycling events between 2011 and 2019. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 2021. ISSN 0894-9115.s doi: 10.1097/PHM.0000000000001819.
- Environmental exercise physiology;
- Female athletes and physiology;
- Influence of hormonal contraceptives on exercise performance;
- Neuromuscular performance and fatigue (central and peripheral);
- Sports nutrition and supplementation.
Click for bigger map