Formal Admission Requirements - Bachelor's level
International applicants must meet the following 3 admission requirements to be eligible for admission to English-taught bachelor's level study programmes:
If any requirement is not documented, the application for admission will be rejected, regardless of academic qualifications.
1- Norwegian Higher Education Entrance Qualification
(proof of schooling equivalent to 3 years of Norwegian upper secondary school)
WHAT DOES GSU-LIST CONTAIN?
- The GSU-list specifies the type of basic education you must have to qualify for admission to UiT The Arctic University of Norway,
- For some countries, you are required to have higher education from a recognised programme from a recognised institution of higher education in addition to secondary education from the country of origin AND
- whether a proof of English language proficiency is required or exempted.
- Nordic nationals with upper secondary school education from these countries (Norway, Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Iceland) must apply through the regular admission office (Søking & opptak) or the Norwegian Universities and College Admission Service.
- Non-Nordic applicants with upper secondary education from a non-nordic country AND proof of Norwegian language proficiency must apply through (Søking & opptak). This applies also to non-Nordic applicants with valid residency in Norway.
- Norwegian nationals with non-Nordic upper secondary school certificate should apply as international applicants.
2- Proof of English Proficiency
All non-exchange applicants to study programmes at UiT must document their proficiency in English on an advanced level, either through education or an approved international examination/test. Exemptions apply to limited cases, see below.RECOGNISED ENGLISH TESTS AND EXEMPTIONS
3- Proof of Financial Ability
International applicants from outside the EU/EEA area, who are applying to our bachelor's or master's level study programmes, are required to document financial ability to cover their own living expenses for one academic year.
If financial ability is not documented, the application for admission will be rejected, regardless of academic qualifications.
Last changed: 08.11.2017 14.14
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FREEMOVER
UiT The Arctic University of Norway does not offer scholarships to cover your living expenses in Norway unless you already have one before your arrival or under certain exchange schemes in collaboration with your home university.
The Quota Scheme scholarships and Freemover admission have been phased out. There will be no further admissions under these schemes.