TEK-3601 Machine Vision - 10 ECTS
This interdisciplinary course should give the candidate a deep understanding of machine vision with special focus on a case study in one of the following areas: Automation, Drone Technology, Medical Informatics and Imaging, Nautical Science, Process & Gas Technology, Remote Sensing, and Industrial Applications.
- Candidate will build knowledge in image formation, cameras, and vision sensors.
- Candidate will learn about image processing operations such as filtering, edge detection and image segmentation.
- Candidate will also learn state-of-the-art methods for image analysis (i.e., pattern detection and recognition).
- Candidate should be able to use state-of-the-art image analysis methods in practical problems.
- Candidate will learn the use of correct visualization tools for the image analysis problems.
- The candidate should be able to understand and use the knowledge from machine vision in their selected domain.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate their knowledge using MATLAB®.
Coursework: Participation in workshops and laboratory work.
One combined grade will be given based on case study report and oral exam.
Grading scale: Letter grading A - F, F is fail.
Continuation Examination: Students who have not passed - or have not submitted their reports in time due to legitimate reasons will be given an extended submission deadline in the following semester.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: TEK-3601
- Responsible unit
- Department of Automation and Process Engineering