AAT-1002 Experience, Marketing and Sales - 20 ECTS
Applicants from Nordic countries: Generell studiekompetanse.
International applicants: Higher Education Entrance Qualification and certified language requirements in English.
A list of the requirements for the Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway can be found on the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education website - nokut.no
Application code: 9199 (Nordic countries)
General value basis
- The course will relate marketing, sales and experience themes to the value basis of respect and consideration for nature and culture.
- Traditional marketing functions: the P¿s
- Market segmentation
- Consumer behavior; AIDA (Attention-Interest-Desire-Action)
- Tourism consumption
- Production and consumption
- Types and levels of experiences
- The psychological basis for experiences
- Settings: indoors and outdoors
- Environmental psychology
- Experience production and design: elements and processes
- Experience and service: storytelling, hospitality and guiding
- Experience production and guest knowledge: markets and marketing
- The experience economy ideology
- Experience products and producers: visits/presentations and an analysis of production connected to content themes
- Sales channels
- B2C, B2B, agents, workshops, etc.
The candidate will gain knowledge of:
- basic concepts, models and theories relating to marketing and sales, particularly relationship marketing; and
- basic concepts, models and theories of experience production.
The candidate will:
- be able to analyze experience products and suggest changes/improvements to existing products;
- be able to develop a presentation, a brochure or an Internet presentation of an experience product; and
- be able to communicate with relevant stakeholders.
The candidate will:
- contribute in processes concerning the development of profitable experience products, marketing and sales, etc.; and contribute with a critical and reflective view of development with regard to sustainability of nature and culture, and the economic viability of destinations.
- Two individual written assignments/reports
- One group presentation/report
70% attendance is required in order to take the exam.
- Individual school exam. Duration: 4hours, 40%.
- Individual written home exam. Duration: 14days, 60%.
Grading: scale A ¿ F with F for failed
A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course