AE_01 High north politics and Barents cooperation - 10 ECTS
Admission requirements: Nordic applicants: Generell studiekompetanse International applicants: Higher Education Entrance Qualification and certified language requirements in English.
A list of the requirements for the Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway can be found on the web site from the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT). For language requirements we refer to NOKUT's GSU-list.
Admission code: 9199 (Nordic applicants).
- Foreign policy development ¿ the High North focus and analytical perspectives
- The Barents Development and Cooperation ¿ the Barents Secretariat
- The Euro-Arctic Barents Cooperation, EU and the Northern Dimension
- Arctic Council, circumpolar politics and political coordination
- Svalbard ¿ conflict and/or cooperation?
- Continental Shelf Delimitation and Sea Borders ¿ reaching consensus?
- Contemporary issues in the High North
After completing the subject, the candidate:
- will be familiar with the development of the Barents cooperation
- will be able to see Barents cooperation out of both Norwegian and Russian perspectives
- will be able to see Barents cooperation in an international and regional perspective
Course requirements: Written answers to given tasks. The assignments have to be approved by the responsible teacher before the students are allowed to do the final exam.
Final evaluation; including several semester based tasks and one final exam.
A final written home based exam. Available time: 3 days. The written tasks are evaluated as a whole, constituting one final mark. Grading: scale A ¿ F, with F for failed. A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course.
- About the course
- Campus: Digital | Other |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: AE_01
- Responsible unit
- Department of Tourism & Northern Studies