On the UiT web, it says application date for international students is both 1 December and 1 March. What is the correct date?The programme Master in Landscape Architecture has application date 1 March for all applicants.

Is the programme taught entirely in English? Yes. All the teaching and writing is in English.

I am a resident outside of the EU. Do I need a visa to enter Norway? Please read about formal admission requirements for international applicants here

Do I have to live in Tromsø during the study? We expect the students to be living in Tromsø in the study periode.

How long is one semester? In Norway the autumn semester usually starts in the middle of August, and ends in the middle of December. The spring semester is from the beginning of January, and until midth June.

Can I apply for exchange during the study? You may apply for exchange in the third semester. Your studies abroad are integrated in your study programme, so you do not loose your study progression. Students must have met the exam requirements in accordance with the standard study progression before the exhange can be approved.

I cannot be there when the semester start. What should I do? If you cannot meet up on the start date, please send a written application to student administration as soon as possible (kunstakademiet@umak.uit.no ). Documentation of the reason for absence must accompany the application. The academy only approves absences when significant grounds for absence can be documented. Holidays are not considered significant grounds.

I need a place to live. What do I do next? For student housing, please check out Samskipnaden

For private housing, take a look at Finn.no or Hybel.no

It can be difficult to find housing in Tromsø, so we advise you to apply for housing as soon as possible.