Drug Discovery, Marine Natural Products, Antimicrobials, Antimicrobial peptides, Marine Bioactive Peptides, Innate immunitity, immune cells in marine invertebrates
- Teaching (responsible for courses)
- Bio-2610 Project thesis in Marine Biotechnology (responsible and teaching)
- Bio-3612 Marine bioprospektering og bioaktive komponenter (responsible and teaching)
- Bio-8604 Marine bioprospecting and bioactive compounds for health - (responsible and teaching)
- Teaching in courses:
- Bio-2606 Generell og marin bioteknologi
- Bio-3610 Industrial biotechology
Klara Stensvåg (dr. scient) is professor in Marin Biotechnology at The Norwegian College of Fishery Science at the Faculty of Biosciences, Fisheries and Economics. She is the head of the research group in Marine Bioprospecting. Her research concerns antimicrobial compounds and genes of marine origin as source of developing novel antibacterial compounds with new mechanisms of actions against antimicrobial resistant bacteria. Stensvåg is also the leader of an interfaculty collaborations aiming to develop biofilm inhibiting compounds that in the future can be used in within medicine or industrial context.
She is also programe coordinator for the programs in Biotechnology (Bachelor) and Marine Biotechnology (master).