Paudel, Keshav Prasad
Associate Professor in GIS
Responsible lecturer: FSK-2006 and FSK-3012
Lecturer FSK-3006 (Quantitative methods)
Lecturer (GIS related topic): SVF 3555 and BIO-3011
Ongoing research project: Coastal transformations and fisher wellbeing - synthesized perspectives from India and Europe (FISHERCOAST)
- Galparsoro, Ibon; Pinarbasi, Kemal; Gissi, Elena; Culhane, Fiona; Gacutan, Jordan; Kotta, Jonne; Cabana, David; Wanke, Sonja; Aps, Robert; Bazzucchi, Daniel; Cozzolino, Giacomo; Custodio, Marco; Fetissov, Mihhail; Inacio, Miguel; Jernberg, Susanna; Piazzi, Alessandro; Paudel, Keshav Prasad; Ziemba, Alex; Depellegrin, Daniel. Operationalisation of ecosystem services in support of ecosystem-based marine spatial planning: insights into needs and recommendations. Marine Policy 2021; Volum 131. ISSN 0308-597X.s doi: 10.1016/j.marpol.2021.104609.
- Vetaas, Ole Reidar; Paudel, Keshav Prasad; Christensen, Morten. Principal factors controlling biodiversity along an elevation gradient: Water, energy and their interaction. Journal of Biogeography 2019. ISSN 0305-0270.s doi: 10.1111/jbi.13564.
- Paudel, Keshav Prasad; Andersen, Peter. Response of rangeland vegetation to snow cover dynamics in Nepal Trans Himalaya. Climatic Change 2013; Volum 117 (1-2). ISSN 0165-0009.s 149 - 162.s doi: 10.1007/s10584-012-0562-x.
- Paudel, Keshav Prasad; Andersen, Peter. Monitoring snow cover variability in an agropastoral area in the Trans Himalayan region of Nepal using MODIS data with improved cloud removal methodology. Remote Sensing of Environment 2011; Volum 115 (5). ISSN 0034-4257.s 1234 - 1246.s doi: 10.1016/j.rse.2011.01.006.
- Paudel, Keshav Prasad; Andersen, Peter. Assessing rangeland degradation using multi temporal satellite images and grazing pressure surface model in Upper Mustang, Trans Himalaya, Nepal. Remote Sensing of Environment 2010; Volum 114 (8). ISSN 0034-4257.s 1845 - 1855.s doi: 10.1016/j.rse.2010.03.011.
- Paudel, Keshav Prasad. Assessment of risk and vulnerability of water induced disaster: A case study of Tinau Watershed, western Nepal. Himalayan Journal of Sciences 2004; Volum 2 (4). ISSN 1727-5210.s 205 - .s doi: 10.3126/hjs.v2i4.886.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Remote Sensing, Social Ecological System, Spatial and Marine Resource Management
For more information about my teaching and teaching philosophy, please visit My teaching teaching portfolio.
Member of research group
Member of project
- 2016 – : Associate Professor, The Norwegian College of Fishery Science, University of Tromsø- The Arctic University of Norway
- 2015-2016: Researcher, Department of Geography, University of Bergen, Norway
- 2011-2014 : Postdoctoral researcher, Department of Geography, University of Bergen, Norway
- 2007– 2011: PhD Student, Department of Geography, University of Bergen, Norway
- 2007: Geographer, Ministry of Physical Planning/ Nepal Government
- 2006– 2007: GIS Analyst, Geospatial Pvt. Ltd., Nepal
- 2004 : GIS Analyst, United Nation Development Program (UNDP), Nepal
- 2003– 2004: Assistant Lecturer, Central Department of Geography Education, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- 2002– 2004: GIS Analyst, ISS Pvt. Ltd/Geospatial Pvt. Ltd., Nepal
- 2011: PhD in Geography, Department of Geography, University of Bergen, Norway
- 2006: Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) in Mountain Ecology and Human Adaptation, Department of Geography, University of Bergen, Norway
- 2001: Master of Arts (M. A.) in Geography, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- 1999: Bachelor of Arts (B. A.) in Economics and Geography, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
NFH A 376
Click for bigger map